Sauteed Broccoli Greens
Recipe adapted by Lisa Ramirez, Assistant Farm Manager 2012 season.
- 2 cup Broccoli Greens, cooked (which is about 15 large raw leaves)
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 5 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ****2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wash broccoli greens and remove stems (including the primary vein bisecting the leaves).
- Tear broccoli leaves into small pieces, chop green onion, mince garlic and rosemary.
- Heat the bacon grease**** in a large soup pot or french oven over medium high heat.
- Saute green onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli greens and rosemary. Saute for 10-15 minutes, stirring often - it will be finished when the garlic and onions soften and the broccoli greens are wilted.